Progress Report:: Exterior Rails

Our exterior rails finally went up yesterday, and we are very pleased with the results! We required some non-standard rails systems and were fortunate to find a gem of an artist (Brett from Red Grass Designs) out of Bellingham to weld and install them for us. 

Welcome to our home!

They are made out of black painted steel. On the front porch we wanted the railings to sweep around the posts which required some special welding tricks. 

Swoop!

There are an inordinate number of regulations for railings, so it was nice to just pay someone to get that all figured out. My favorite requirement is the curling of the ends of the rails. 

Curled for  the comfort of your hand.

Brett did the rails for our back staircase as well. We specifically asked if he could make it so there were no posts attached to the stairs. They were just what we asked for and turned out better than imagined!

Q approved.

We wanted our rails to be minimalist but elegant, and that is what we got!

The view from above (and a baby in a basket). Trekker approved.

Comments

  1. Beautiful rails! I met your mother at St. Joe's when my mother was in the hospital over the holidays. She was so fabulous with my mom!! And I had great conversations with her that led to her telling me about this project. Wow. So impressed, this is something my husband and I vaguely dreamed about but life got in the way. Now I can live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my mom is our biggest fan. Thank you for checking out our project! It's been fun but daunting. I have spent my twenties on this project.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts