Progress Report:: Indoor Shower

We have enjoyed our years of showering outdoors in nature. Despite the temperamental temperature and less than satisfactory flow of water, morning ablutions under the blue skies and verdant flora of summer is quite a pleasure. It becomes more of a battleground when you have to walk barefoot in snow and ice and mud to clean your body, but we were still grateful at those times to have a running shower.

Yet we have said farewell to our rickety outdoor shower, perhaps forever. We finally got the tile guy out of here after months of coaxing him to come work on our project. He seldom came and then usually only spent 2-3 hours here at a time which is very inefficient in both time and materials. He got the job done though, and for that I shan't complain..

I painted some special tiles at Creativitea in Fairhaven to be installed in the upstairs shower. My painting skills are nothing to write home about, but I am happy with my finished product!

Goodbye slugs underfoot in the shower. Hello HOT, drenching, blessed showers. Greetings to my newfound friend, the luxurious bath.  

Comments

Popular Posts